Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A truly amazing city..

This past summer I went on a vacation to Italy. I travelled with my three aunts, my cousin, and my two sisters. For two weeks in Italy, we practiced the Italian culture. We rented a villa in the heart of Tuscany. We didn’t stay in Tuscany the full two weeks. We travelled to Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Chinqueterra.I seen many exhilarating things such as, the Vatican, the Coliseum, the leaning tower of Pisa, and much more. Although all of these things were a great experience and fascinating, I do have one favorite place that to me was truly amazing.
This place was Venice. Venice is this little city in Italy where there are no cars. Everyone who lives there travels by personal boats, water taxis, ferries, or their good old feet. Venice is famous for their Gondola rides, which take you throughout the canals and alleys of the city, to capture the true feeling of Venice. It is also famous for their infamous art work, such as many oil paintings which are displayed all around the city.
Venice is a very large tourist spot, which means it is also an exceptionally large shopping area. There was many of our typical everyday stores, plus Gucci, but there was also a ton of little boutiques that held masquerade masks and many unusual sculptures of Murano glass. I did quite a lot of shopping myself while I was there. Although this is my favorite place in the world, I am not going to lie, it is extremely pricey and the food isn’t that great, but the gelato makes up for the faults in the food.
When you are in a truly amazing place such as Italy, you realize a lot. You start to appreciate that there is a great big world out there for us to explore and experience. In my opinion, Venice is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but besides Venice, Italy has a lot of significance and is very unique in its own way. I am lucky that I was able to experience this trip.

No comments: