Sunday, September 14, 2008

Is it ok to be a Procrastinator?

Do you ever think of why people constantly procrastinate? Is it just a way of pushing things off to the last minute? Or is it a fear of the task you have to do so you wait until the last minute? Whatever the answer may be, many people are victims of this, including myself. Whether it’s a huge paper that’s due or as simple as going to the store to get dog food, I always seem to put it off to the last minute, when the paper is due the next day and the last drop of dog food is gone. Although I consider myself a huge procrastinator, I always seem to finish all my tasks.

I sometimes wonder, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I am constantly reminded by my parents and teachers that I shouldn’t leave everything until the last minute. In my opinion, I don’t agree. My thoughts on procrastination vary. If I am to start studying a week before a test, I know for a fact that I will not remember anything by the time the test arrives, but if I study the night before everything will be fresh in my mind. I also think that procrastinating something and doing it the last minute, leaves people to work under pressure which for some people can be a good thing. On the other hand, if I have two huge papers due on the same day and wait until the night before to do both of them, then I would say I have a little bit of a problem. So my question is, is it ok to be a procrastinator?

No comments: