Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where do I belong?

Lately I've been thinking a lot about why things are the way they are. I live in new york because this is where I was born, but does that mean I belong here? I see most people just accept their situation, never questioning it, and I sort of envy them. I yearn for that blissful ignorance that they so easily possess. Instead I'm full of this desire to continually travel, searching for that vague feeling of home. Surprisingly, nearly every place has felt much more right then here. I admit this could be contributed to the whole, the grass is always greener saying, but I don't think so. Yet, no matter how at home any of these foreign places feel, I fear I will never be brave enough to take the risk and leave the comfort I have here. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: