Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lunar Halo


What is a lunar halo? Last night I seen something I have never seen before. Around the moon there was a large circle that was perfect in diameter. I have never seen this before in my life. When I had looked it up online I found out that it is called a lunar halo. Ice crystals in a hexagon shape refract light from the moon causing these rings to appear. Many people say that the lunar halo means that bad weather is to come, but it has not yet been proven. This has happened many times before, but this is my first time seeing it. I found this very interesting because it looked like a shadow of something, directly in the middle of the sky circling the moon. When I found out what this was, I wondered why this only happens once in a while. Does this mean something that we do not know of yet?



No comments: